Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Pancreatitis

Sean

Site Supporter
Well I have seen him at the water bowl and the fountain drinking.
I found something else that he likes even better than the baby food.
Stella And Chewy's cat food. Yes it's dehydrated so I will have to push
some more water on him but he did drink after he ate a good amount.
The chunks are about the size on a hazel nut and I think he had 5 or 6
of them for his first real meal in days. The nice thing is they are soft
and he has always liked dry kibble type things.

I will still be giving him extra food and water. He did not get any pain meds
for the last 24 Hrs and is doing well with that it seems.

Also he is using the box and not the floor or any thing on the floor. :)

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Good news Sean. Keeping fingers crossed that he continues to improve. I hope you are taking care of yourself too. Sick furkids take a toll on us humans physically and emotionally.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
With pancreatitis, getting the pain to subside is key. Once that happens, they start eating again. It does take a few days but the improvement should be very noticeable. You do need to keep him hydrated to prevent the toxins from building up again and causing the pancreatitis to reoccur.

Sean

Site Supporter
Hi,
Well he is still not doing well and loosing weight.
He does not seem to be in any pain right now. He
just will not eat. He is also spending a lot of time
in the crate but he does still come out to sit in lap.